Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Postcard Home


Dear friends and family,

First of all I would like to thank everyone who helped me get here... my parents, my close friends and immediate family. A special thanks is due to my previous employer who owes me a months pay. Arriving in Sydney with a mere thousand dollars was a rude awakening when rent is $200+ a week. With less than a months rent I set off to work at the hostel early and soon after began working the streets for money (i.e. fund raising for charity.) My month-long charity work being fruitless, I continued my search for a job until I landed at the NRMA (the Australian CAA service.) Thanks to NRMA I was able to save another thousand dollars and make my way out of Sydney (finally.)

Leaving Base Backpackers Hostel for Cairns feels a bit like leaving home for the second time. Many lifelong memories and friends that have made lasting impressions. So now I head out of Sydney: From Byron to Surfers, Brisbane to Noosa, Fraser via Rainbow, 1770 to Airlee, Maggie to Mission, and finally to Cairns.

Sincerely,
The Reincarnation of Steve Irwin
Captain ONeill

No comments:

Post a Comment